Sunday, March 14, 2010

Weekend Project Roundup

So last weekend I listed a few projects that I was starting, namely an Easter Rag Garland, Toddler Toolbelt and Crepe Paper Rose Balls.  So did I get everything done?  Ha!  Did I start some other random projects as inspiration struck?  Maybe :)  Did I buy waaaay too much stuff at JoAnn's?  Oh heck yeah.  So, what did I get to?  Here's my roundup:

I finished the toolbelt for my little tool guy and I think it turned out awesome.  I have lots of fabric left over, so I'm thinking of making a matching tool bag.  Here's where I got the toolbelt pattern:  http://makeitandloveit.blogspot.com/2010/02/childs-tool-belt.html  (btw, don't look too hard at my top stitching - I do not claim to be a master seamstress!!) 



I started on the Easter rag garland and I have about a foot finished...only 6 more feet to go.  I really love how it's turning out though!  Here are all the fabrics & ribbons that I'm using - that little bit off to the left side is the actual garland-in-progress:


And the crepe paper roses?  Haven't even opened my crepe paper yet.  I bought white, but I'm just not loving the idea of white rose balls.  I'm looking for something a little less, um, wedding singer.  The rose bowls will have to be on hold until I buy another color of crepe paper.

And the random projects?  I started a book wreath - time consuming, but I loooove it!  And I've been doing alot of spray painting and modge podging.  You'll have to tune in a little later this month for those reveals :)  In the eternal wisdom of Bugs Bunny...That's all for now folks!

Linking to:

3 comments:

Ashley said...

So cute, love how it turned out! You did a great job! Thanks for the link!

Ashley

karebear said...

The spring rag garland looks great so far! Such pretty colors all together. I can't wait to see where you put it in your house.

Jenn @ Delicious Ambiguity said...

Thanks for linking up. I hope you'll join me next week for Tot Tuesday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails