Monday, May 2, 2011

If Your Mama Likes Peanut Butter...

...than you must make her these decadent mini cheesecakes!  I saw this delicious looking treat over at Let's Dish oh, about a year ago.  I promptly pulled it into Evernote and forgot about it.  Until a few weeks ago.  When I was looking for something peanut-buttery to add to a dessert table.  And let me tell you, these little babies stole.the.show.  What's not to love - there's peanut butter and chocolate with CHEESECAKE!  {drool}  I did make a few modifications from the original - because that's what I do.  The biggest change was that I used Nilla Vanilla wafers for the crust.  I was making desserts en masse.  I needed something easier.  They really need to make round graham wafers so that pressed for time peeps can get the yum of a graham crust without the darn crushing and buttering.  But I digress... Without further ado - I give you heavenly peanut butter cheesecake bites:


Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bites

1 box Nilla Vanilla wafers
2 (8oz.) packages cream cheese, softened1/4 cup sugar


1/4 brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup light sour cream
Pinch of salt
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
4-5 tablespoons heavy cream


1 - Preheat oven to 300 degrees & line a mini muffin pan with small muffin liners
2 - Place one Nilla Vanilla wafer at the bottom of each liner
3 - Beat cream cheese & sugar until well combined
4 - Add eggs one at a time until combined
5 - Add vanilla, sour cream, peanut butter and salt until just combined
6 - Fill each liner about 3/4 full of cheesecake batter
7 - Bake 10-12 minutes or until cheesecake is set
8 - Remove from oven and let sit in pan at room temperature for 30 minutes before removing. Transfer mini cheesecakes to a cooling rack to cool completely


Chocolate topping
1- Once cheesecakes are completely cool, place chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth (careful not to burn chocolate)
2 - Stir in heavy cream until chocolate is shiny and smooth
3 - Spoon topping over each cooled cheesecake - give a Dairy Queen swirl just for fun ;)

Refrigerate until serving (the chocolate sets in the refrigerator in 10 minutes or so)
 



I participate in the following link parties: Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Skip to My Lou, The Girl Creative, Making the World Cuter, Miss Crafty Pants, Super Stinky Boys, Mad In Crafts, Embellishing Life Everyday, Keeping It Simple, The DIY Home Sweet Home Project, Chocolate Drool & Kisses, Simply Cadence, Polly Wanna Crafter, Sew Can Do, Tip Junkie, My Frugal Family, Coastal Charm, New Nostagalia, Blessed with Grace, The Creative Itch, Funky Polka Dot Giraffe, Home Stories A to ZThe Lettered Cottage, A Bowl Full of Lemons, At Home with K, All Thingz Related, Today's Creative Blog, Not Just a Housewife, Sew Much Ado, Blue Cricket Design, My Backyard Eden, Gluesticks, Extreme Personal Measures, The Thrifty Home, The Trendy Treehouse, Someday Crafts, All Things Heart and Home, Elements Interiors, My Girlish Whims, DIY by Design, Somewhat Simple, House of Hepworths, Seven Thirty Three, Fireflies and Jellybeans, Beyond the Picket Fence, Black Kat Design, Thrifty 101, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Finding Fabulous, Poppies at Play, The Inspired Room, KoJo Designs, Whipperberry, Inspiring CreationsRomantic Home, The Speckled Dog, At the Picket Fence, Little Brick Ranch, Designer Garden, Simply Sweet Home, Simply Designing, Tatertots & Jello, Funky Junk Interiors, Be Different Act Normal, Saturday Morning Blog, It's a Crafty Life, I Heart Naptime, Under the Table and Dreaming, Creative Jewish Mom, Flamingo Toes, The DIY Showoff, Marvelously Messy, Nifty Thrifty Things, Thrifty Decor Chick,

27 comments:

Meghan said...

How much cream cheese is used?

Meg @ Never a Dull Day said...

this completely caught my attention and now I want one for breakfast. please! ;)

http://megschmitt-neveradullday.blogspot.com/

LrSchwtz said...

Yum, cheesecake and peanut butter, two of my favorites! Please stop by www.laughloveandcraft.com and link up to my Share the Wealth Wednesday Link Party! I'm your newest follower!

Misty said...

These look super yummy! Thanks for sharing this!

Cricket said...

Yum!!! Thanks for stopping by Crickets cafe and becoming a follower. I love your blog and I am a folower now as well.

DIYbyDesign said...

Oh my gosh...this looks even yummier...love your linkups.

Brandy J. said...

This momma likes peanut butter! These look amazing. Thanks for the recipe.

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

These look soooo good. Chocolate and peanut butter have always been a good idea...add in cream cheese and now I'm just drooling :)

I'd love for you to link this up to my link party, Your Whims Wednesday! http://mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/05/your-whims-wednesday-5-and-features.html

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I need to bake more. These look soooo good.

Unknown said...

These look delish. I saw your link on Somewhat Simple, so links seem to work! Swing by mine too if you'd like at www.trilogyedibles.com

So love the chocolate!

Anonymous said...

YUM!!!!
Andrea
www.addicted2tutes.blogspot.com

Ali said...

yummy, that looks so delicious. I love mini cheesecakes, they are the perfect serving size.

I'm your newest follower. I'm really enjoying your recipes :D

Erin said...

They sound delicious! Thanks for sharing!

Ami Allison said...

Oh. My. Heavens! Can I just say "Momma LOVES peanut butter" These look and sound amazing!! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing!! I can't wait to try them!! I'm your newest follower! :)

jandjhome said...

I'm loving all your ideas. I think my husband would love me more if I made these for him :)

Kelli W said...

Peanut butter and cheesecake together sound like heaven to me! Thanks for sharing:)

Elder Esplin said...

OH MAN! My TWO MOST FAVORITE WORDS...PEANUT BUTTER! I'm so excited I found this. Can't wait to try the recipe. YUMMO! THANKS!

Jennie {CInnaberry Suite}

Alexandra said...

I love cheesecake and I love peanut butter! What a great combination! Please share your recipe with our readers by linking it up at Muffin (and Cupcake) Monday. Thanks!

http://www.talkingdollarsandcents.net/cant-get-enough-vanilla-muffins

Heather Libbey said...

These look heavenly! New follower!

diydujour.com

Simply Bungalow said...

Those look amazing!
~Heidi

Sue said...

Oh my goodness, these little bites sound heavenly!

Jill said...

Yum! I'm featuring this over at http://womenwhodoitall.blogspot.com

Jill

Alexandra said...

Thanks so much for linking up this yummy recipe at Muffin Monday too! Please come back and link up again.

Anonymous said...

Why oh why, do I have to be allergic to peanuts! I'd love it if you stopped by Workshop Wednesday and shared this recipe!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Oh my - sounds delicious!! Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase Party - I greatly appreciate it. I have featured this. Hope you are having a great week ~ Stephanie Lynn
http://www.bystephanielynn.com/2011/05/last-weeks-showcase-features-and.html

Heather Vo said...

These look amazing!! Including them in our roundup of mini cheesecakes today! http://www.didsomeonesaypartysite.com/2011/09/mini-cheesecakes.html

CatCat said...

Hmmm, mouth watering! Looks amazing and tastes amazingly.

Thanks for the recipe, eh,
Cathy@The Cheap Scrubs Pockets Galore

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails