Monday, August 8, 2011

Sweet Cherry-Peach Freezer Jam

I love the intense flavor of peach freezer jam, but I wanted to make something a little less intense for spreading on biscuits or vanilla waffles.  I thought (hoped) the Sweet Anne cherry would pair perfectly with peaches leaving only a hint of cherry and reducing the peach flavor.  And I'm oh-so-happy that's just what happened :)



Sweet Cherry-Peach Freezer Jam

2 cups chopped peaches
1 cup chopped sweet cherries (if I had a cherry pitter, I would probably have just halved the cherries)
2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
4 cups sugar
3/4 cup water
1 box Sure-Jell pectin

1 - Add peaches and cherries to a large mixing bowl
2 - Crush peaches and cherries using a potato masher
3 - Add lemon/lime juice and sugar and mix well
4 - Let fruit sit for 10 minutes, stirring occassionally
5 - Add water and box of pectin to a medium saucepan
6 - Heat to boiling, stirring constantly
7 - Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly
8 - Remove from heat and add hot pectin water to fruit
9 - Stir for 3-4 minutes until mixture is no longer grainy
10 - Decant into clean jars and let sit and room temperature for 24 hours
11 - Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks or freeze for 6 months


I participate in the following link parties: Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Skip to My Lou, The Girl Creative, Making the World Cuter, Miss Crafty Pants, Super Stinky Boys, Mad In Crafts, Embellishing Life Everyday, Keeping It Simple, The DIY Home Sweet Home Project, Chocolate Drool & Kisses, Simply Cadence, Polly Wanna Crafter, Sew Can Do, Tip Junkie, My Frugal Family, Coastal Charm, New Nostagalia, Blessed with Grace, The Creative Itch, Funky Polka Dot Giraffe, Home Stories A to ZThe Lettered Cottage, A Bowl Full of Lemons, At Home with K, All Thingz Related, Today's Creative Blog, Not Just a Housewife, Sew Much Ado, Blue Cricket Design, My Backyard Eden, Gluesticks, Extreme Personal Measures, The Thrifty Home, The Trendy Treehouse, Someday Crafts, All Things Heart and Home, Elements Interiors, My Girlish Whims, DIY by Design, Somewhat Simple, House of Hepworths, Seven Thirty Three, Fireflies and Jellybeans, Beyond the Picket Fence, Black Kat Design, Thrifty 101, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Finding Fabulous, Poppies at Play, The Inspired Room, KoJo Designs, Whipperberry, Inspiring CreationsRomantic Home, The Speckled Dog, At the Picket Fence, Little Brick Ranch, Designer Garden, Simply Sweet Home, Simply Designing, Tatertots & Jello, Funky Junk Interiors, Be Different Act Normal, Saturday Morning Blog, It's a Crafty Life, I Heart Naptime, Under the Table and Dreaming, Creative Jewish Mom, Flamingo Toes, The DIY Showoff, Marvelously Messy, Nifty Thrifty Things, Thrifty Decor Chick, The Cottage Chick, Running with Glitter,

11 comments:

Erin said...

Thanks for the recipe. I have been trying to figure out what to do with my cherry's that I just got.
-Erin, with Heck Fridays

Biz said...

Thanks for sharing, I'll have to learn what decant means, but this sounds easy enough!
Biz

Ott, A. said...

The older I get the more I like the taste of sweet cherries and this jam looks delish. have you ever thought of canning your jam? I am hosting a Canning Week Blog Party next week with lots of recipes and tips on how to can. It should be a lot of fun and there will be canning related give-a-ways all week as well. Hope you can join in the fun! http://alattewithotta.blogspot.com/p/canning-week-2011.html

Kate said...

These little jars look so pretty with the peach color in them!

Unknown said...

Mmmm, this sounds wonderful! I'd love for you to come link up at my Tuesday Tutorials Link Party! :)

http://www.thekurtzcorner.com/2011/08/tuesday-tutorials-link-party-no2.html

ibshell said...

YUM! Thanks for sharing!! I will hAVe to try this! :)

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

This looks so good...might give this a try!

DIYbyDesign said...

Great recipe. Looks super yummy. Thanks for sharing at my Sizzle into Summer party.

Jenn said...

Visiting from A Bowl Full of Lemons.
Love this idea! I am getting peaches from my CSA today. I think I'll give this a try.

Brandi said...

sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Elena Galli said...

Yummy! I will try it for sure. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
I am your latest follower. Hope you will stop by and consider following me back.
Have a wonderful day!
worldwidemom.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails