Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Thankfulness Jar

Each November, I seem to count my blessings a little more often.  This year I decided to create a little Thankfulness Jar to collect daily notes of gratitude. 


This is a simple little project.  Attach a strip of burlap to the jar with hot glue (that way it'll peel off later if necessary).  Add a strip of cotton - ruffled if you like.  And then top with a piece of ribbon.  Pretty, simple and ready to fill :)



I participate in the following link parties: Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Skip to My Lou, The Girl Creative, Making the World Cuter, Miss Crafty Pants, Super Stinky Boys, Mad In Crafts, Embellishing Life Everyday, Keeping It Simple, The DIY Home Sweet Home Project, Chocolate Drool & Kisses, Simply Cadence, Polly Wanna Crafter, Sew Can Do, Tip Junkie, My Frugal Family, Coastal Charm, New Nostagalia, Blessed with Grace, The Creative Itch, Funky Polka Dot Giraffe, Home Stories A to ZThe Lettered Cottage, A Bowl Full of Lemons, At Home with K, All Thingz Related, Today's Creative Blog, Not Just a Housewife, Sew Much Ado, Blue Cricket Design, My Backyard Eden, Gluesticks, Extreme Personal Measures, The Thrifty Home, The Trendy Treehouse, Someday Crafts, All Things Heart and Home, Elements Interiors, My Girlish Whims, DIY by Design, Somewhat Simple, House of Hepworths, Seven Thirty Three, Fireflies and Jellybeans, Beyond the Picket Fence, Black Kat Design, Thrifty 101, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Finding Fabulous, Poppies at Play, The Inspired Room, KoJo Designs, Whipperberry, Inspiring CreationsRomantic Home, The Speckled Dog, At the Picket Fence, Little Brick Ranch, Designer Garden, Simply Sweet Home, Simply Designing, Tatertots & Jello, Funky Junk Interiors, Be Different Act Normal, Saturday Morning Blog, It's a Crafty Life, I Heart Naptime, Under the Table and Dreaming, Creative Jewish Mom, Flamingo Toes, The DIY Showoff, Marvelously Messy, Nifty Thrifty Things, Thrifty Decor Chick, The Cottage Chick, Running with Glitter, One Artsy Mama, Dittle Dattle, Southern Lovely,

17 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how cute that turned out! Perfect color combo for Thanksgiving.

Sarah said...

I love the burlap & how simple & cute it looks!

I featured this today!
http://craftingandcreativity.blogspot.com/2011/11/things-i-like-thursday-16.html

Marilyn said...

This is beyond adorable.. I LOVE it.. I would LOVE if you could link up to my Pin Inspirational Party today pweease.. TY http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/11/pininspirational-thursdays-linky-party.html

WhyCuzICan said...

Very sweet and simple jar, with a big impact idea for it's use.

Good job :)

Thanks for sharing, cuz I found you at The Romantic Home's linky party tonight,
~Suzanne in NW Illinois

Shabby chic Sandy said...

This looks really great and would make a great gift

EvA. . . said...

so so pretty! what a neat idea!!!

EvA. . . said...

p.s. happy new follower! i love your blog

Boden said...

Goodness, who knew a simple jar could look so lovely! I'd love for you to come link up to my new party, the Head to Head Showdown, at www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com!

Starsunflower Studio said...

Aww so pretty! I love the sentiment too. Gratitude is such a beautiful thing. ::hugs::

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

I too count my blessings daily. I have made a gratitude journal before, but the jar idea is sweet. Anything with burlap can't be bad. lol! Hopped over from one tough mother. Now a new follower.

Anonymous said...

Great idea. Would love to do this with my kids.
Meredith From A Mother Seeking Come find me on my blog, A Mother Seeking...

www.gallamorewest.com said...

I love your burlap jar! I'm a huge lover of burlap and just pinned this on one of my "burlap" boards. Found you via TT&J's Wrap Up Party and I'm your newest follower.
Have a great weekend!
Laurie @ Gallamore West :)

Nicole Joelle said...

So simple and sweet! I might have to make one myself :)

Ivaalex said...

Simple, but beautiful ... I love decorated jars. I have a whole collection in pinterest. Greetings from me and the Czech Republic.

Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home said...

Very pretty. Thank you for linking up to More the Merrier Mondays.
Jamie
http://diyhshp.blogspot.com

Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon Designs said...

So sweet and simple! Love it! Would LOVE for you to link up to our "Home For The Holidays" link party! ;)

www.uncommondesignsonline.com

Jenifer Harrod said...

This is a great idea!
Please come to my parties:
www.garlicmom.blogspot.com
www.storieswithzach.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails