Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Frappuccino in a Mason Jar

So I've been debating buying a Magic Bullet for...years now (I'm a procrastinator).  My sister has one and I like that you can mix a single serving of something...in a small container...without having to wash the whole big glass pitcher.  And then I saw this on Real Simple:

You can do what?!?

And when you combine that tip with this recipe...



You have an afternoon of chilled bliss.



I participate in the following link parties: Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Skip to My Lou, The Girl Creative, Making the World Cuter, Miss Crafty Pants, Super Stinky Boys, Mad In Crafts, Embellishing Life Everyday, Keeping It Simple, The DIY Home Sweet Home Project, Chocolate Drool & Kisses, Simply Cadence, Polly Wanna Crafter, Sew Can Do, Tip Junkie, My Frugal Family, Coastal Charm, New Nostagalia, Blessed with Grace, The Creative Itch, Funky Polka Dot Giraffe, Home Stories A to ZThe Lettered Cottage, A Bowl Full of Lemons, At Home with K, All Thingz Related, Today's Creative Blog, Not Just a Housewife, Sew Much Ado, Blue Cricket Design, My Backyard Eden, Gluesticks, Extreme Personal Measures, The Thrifty Home, The Trendy Treehouse, Someday Crafts, All Things Heart and Home, Elements Interiors, My Girlish Whims, DIY by Design, Somewhat Simple, House of Hepworths, Seven Thirty Three, Fireflies and Jellybeans, Beyond the Picket Fence, Black Kat Design, Thrifty 101, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Finding Fabulous, Poppies at Play, The Inspired Room, KoJo Designs, Whipperberry, Inspiring CreationsRomantic Home, The Speckled Dog, At the Picket Fence, Little Brick Ranch, Designer Garden, Simply Sweet Home, Simply Designing, Tatertots & Jello, Funky Junk Interiors, Be Different Act Normal, Saturday Morning Blog, It's a Crafty Life, I Heart Naptime, Under the Table and Dreaming, Creative Jewish Mom, Flamingo Toes, The DIY Showoff, Marvelously Messy, Nifty Thrifty Things, Thrifty Decor Chick, The Cottage Chick, Running with Glitter,

39 comments:

Unknown said...

NO WAY!! That seriously works?? How cool is that! I am off to make myself something cool to drink!!

Anonymous said...

that is one of the best ideas i have ever seen!!!!!

Mad in Crafts said...

GENIUS! Thanks for linking up to the Mad Skills Party. I am sharing this via Twitter and the Mad in Crafts facebook page!

Heather said...

FANTASTIC! I saw you on the M.M.M. link and had to check it out! Thanks for sharing!

Have a Kraafty Day!

Tanya Anurag said...

You are brave to try this out. After 'killing' my previous grinder, I don't think I have the guts to try this. But that picture with cold Frappacino is so tempting!!

-Tanya
http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/

n*stitches said...

Love it! I read Real Simple too, but I missed this! Thanks for posting!

Esther Asbury said...

GREAT idea!

Chameleon Girls said...

Are you kidding me? This is wonderful!!! We are a smoothie family, so this will come in so handy.

Rachel said...

WHAA? Oh my goodness! I think my life just changed for the better!!! This is amazing!

MJ @ 517 Creations said...

Seriously???!!! I would never have thought of that...now I'm off to see if it works with my KitchenAid blender. :)

Unknown said...

Very Cool!

Laura @ Laura's Crafty Life said...

This is totally one of those "Why didn't I think of that?" kind of projects! Thanks for sharing your find. :)

Lindsey said...

I had no idea you could use a Mason jar on your blender. Genius!

Miranda @ Life in the Motherhood said...

That's brilliant! I've never even heard of anything like this. Saaaweeeet!!!

(Stopping by from the Get your Craft On party, btw!)

Miranda @ Life in the Motherhood said...

Also, I'm featuring this over at Life in the Motherhood on Friday! Be sure to stop by!

Ginger@gingersnapcrafts.com said...

I had no idea you could do that! :) Would love to have you link this up to my {wow me} wednesday link party going on right now over on my blog.. if you haven‘t already. Hope to see you there. {I’m a new follower.} :)

Ginger

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

Who knew? I'd love for you to link this to my first ever linky party. http://trophyw.blogspot.com/2011/08/linky-party-1.html -Tara

Unknown said...

Found you on Home Stories A2Z. Love this idea. Thanks for sharing!

Chad and Mary Beth @ Nothing But Country said...

What a great idea. I would have never thought of this. LOL AWESOME. I have to try that I been wanting to buy a magic bullet for some time too. LOL

Would love to invite you to link your creative project up on our link party @ NothingButCountry.com We feature new blogs every Tuesday and start a new party. Hope you will join us!!

--Mary Beth
NothingButCountry.com

A Southern Sanctuary said...

So, what do you do? Turn the whole blender over to unscrew it without it spilling? Still, might try it!

Diane said...

looks yum and fun. I may need to be getting me one of those!!! :O)

Laura Beth said...

No way!! That's great news :) & it looks so pretty!

chris said...

how is it that we never knew this? i am a former bullet covet-er.
thank you for putting me in recovery!

Adrianne Surian said...

Are you kidding me? Genius! Thanks for sharing!

I would love it if you would come link this up at Freestyle Friday (it's open all weekend) at happyhourprojects.blogspot.com.

Happy to be your newest follower ~ Adrianne

Brandi said...

FANTASTIC idea! Thanks for sharing!

Erin of HomeSavvyAtoZ.com said...

This is new to me too! I have never seen this use for a mason jar. Thanks for sharing!


I would love for you to link up your post at my Savvy HomeMade blog party at http://www.homesavvyatoz.com/2011/08/07/bog-party-2

Sabrina Lopez said...

Really?
I want to try it but I'm scare LOL

I will try it and I'll let you know how it works for me.

Found your link at skip to my lou, I'm a new follower, please come visit my blog if you like!

JoAnna said...

WHOA. Looks like we're gonna put the Magic Bullet out of business!! Brilliant!

Carolyne said...

Oh, my *gosh*....this reminds me of the blender from my childhood.....it came with little pint sized jars!
I remember my Mom making salad dressing in them for dinners. What nostalgia!
Great tip......thanks!
~C.

Carissa B said...

This is pretty awesome. I'd never seen this until you featured it on your blog. I so need to try this now.

I found you through Made By You Mondays and am your newest follower. Come check me out and follow back, too, if you're interested @ Carissa's Creativity Space

Suzanne said...

This I gotta try!

Sweetie1313 said...

This is really neat - going to pin it. Feel free to visit us back at http://helpfuldaddy.blogspot.com

Judi said...

Wow. Guess what I'm going to try tonight. Thank you for sharing. This is such a great idea.
thank you
Judi

Unknown said...

No way! And I just donated a blender base because we broke the glass canister. What an excellent solution.

I would love for you to share this on my mommy resource meme.

http://jacolynmurphy.blogspot.com/2011/08/mama-java-favors.html

Holly @ BeachCoveJewelry said...

Ok I have to check that out!! So cool!

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

This is so cool! I had no idea you could do that! I featured you tonight as my most clicked link from last week's Think Pink Sunday! :) http://www.flamingotoes.com/2011/08/think-pink-sundays-no-23/

Amy said...

You Are featured at AP Tuesday @ New Nostalgia. Thanks for linking up!

The Manlupig Family said...

Are you sure it won't explode?!!

Tonya @ Love of Family And Home said...

Very, very cool! :) Thanks for the tip!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails