Saturday, January 7, 2012

Munchkin's Art Display

Let me start by saying that one of Munchkin's favorite activities is what he calls 'crafting'.  Coloring, gluing, cutting all sorts of fabric and paper.  He churns them out at lightening speed and wants all of them on display (at his eye level).  Since we only have so much magnetic real estate in our house, I knew I needed to come up with a different display option.


There is a small half-wall leading to Munchkin's room.  After a quick trip to IKEA we were all set to turn that little half-wall into Munchkin's own art display.  I used the BYGEL rail and DIGNITET curtain clips.  This little project was less than $10 and I can't tell you how THRILLED he has his very own area to display whatever art work he chooses



I participate in the following link parties: Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Skip to My Lou, The Girl Creative, Making the World Cuter, Miss Crafty Pants, Super Stinky Boys, Mad In Crafts, Embellishing Life Everyday, Keeping It Simple, The DIY Home Sweet Home Project, Chocolate Drool & Kisses, Simply Cadence, Polly Wanna Crafter, Sew Can Do, Tip Junkie, My Frugal Family, Coastal Charm, New Nostagalia, Blessed with Grace, The Creative Itch, Funky Polka Dot Giraffe, Home Stories A to ZThe Lettered Cottage, A Bowl Full of Lemons, At Home with K, All Thingz Related, Today's Creative Blog, Not Just a Housewife, Sew Much Ado, Blue Cricket Design, My Backyard Eden, Gluesticks, Extreme Personal Measures, The Thrifty Home, The Trendy Treehouse, Someday Crafts, All Things Heart and Home, Elements Interiors, My Girlish Whims, DIY by Design, Somewhat Simple, House of Hepworths, Seven Thirty Three, Fireflies and Jellybeans, Beyond the Picket Fence, Black Kat Design, Thrifty 101, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Finding Fabulous, Poppies at Play, The Inspired Room, KoJo Designs, Whipperberry, Inspiring CreationsRomantic Home, The Speckled Dog, At the Picket Fence, Little Brick Ranch, Designer Garden, Simply Sweet Home, Simply Designing, Tatertots & Jello, Funky Junk Interiors, Be Different Act Normal, Saturday Morning Blog, It's a Crafty Life, I Heart Naptime, Under the Table and Dreaming, Creative Jewish Mom, Flamingo Toes, The DIY Showoff, Marvelously Messy, Nifty Thrifty Things, Thrifty Decor Chick, The Cottage Chick, Running with Glitter, One Artsy Mama, Dittle Dattle, Southern Lovely, Naptime Creations, Ladybird Ln,

8 comments:

Megan @ These Are Some Good Times said...

What a cute way to display the kiddos art ... I hope that you will share this at my party, Some Good Stuff: http://some-good-times.blogspot.com/2012/01/some-good-stuff-2.html

Megan

Stephanie said...

Oh cool! I just bought the clips, but I'm not sure I have a good place to hang up a whole curtain wire to hang them...hm...

Unknown said...

Very cool! I have every intention of doing one of these... eventually!

Unknown said...

Oh, so adorable! Kid's work is priceless!

MFEO2009 said...

Great idea. I haven't set up a spot for homework yet.

New follower...
http://myhappilyeverafteragain.blogspot.com

Pam and George said...

Really love this idea and it makes it easy to do to grab the materials from IKEA and you're ready to install! Thank you!
Pam (http://cubcreekart.weebly.com)

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

My kiddos love it whenever I hang up their art - GREAT idea!

tabaco123 said...

I am thoroughly convinced in this said post. I am currently searching for ways in which I could enhance my knowledge in this said topic you have posted here. Life insurance comparison quotes

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails