Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Giddy Up

In preparation for the upcoming colder (ie: indoor play) months, I started planning out some dramatic play dress up for Munchkin.  First on my list was this ah-dorable cowboy vest from Dana at MADE.  Oh how I love working with felt!  This only took me about 30 minutes.  The only change I made was to add a little braided felt trim above the fringe.


I wasn't thinking that Munchkin has never (aside from Toy Story) seen a cowboy.  Initially when I showed him the vest, his response was, "Eh, you can wear it, Mommy.  I don't wanna be a cowboy."  Something tells me that he'll come around though.  And if not, maybe I'll just rebrand it as an Adventurer vest ;)

I participate in the following link parties: Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Skip to My Lou, The Girl Creative, Making the World Cuter, Miss Crafty Pants, Super Stinky Boys, Mad In Crafts, Embellishing Life Everyday, Keeping It Simple, The DIY Home Sweet Home Project, Chocolate Drool & Kisses, Simply Cadence, Polly Wanna Crafter, Sew Can Do, Tip Junkie, My Frugal Family, Coastal Charm, New Nostagalia, Blessed with Grace, The Creative Itch, Funky Polka Dot Giraffe, Home Stories A to ZThe Lettered Cottage, A Bowl Full of Lemons, At Home with K, All Thingz Related, Today's Creative Blog, Not Just a Housewife, Sew Much Ado, Blue Cricket Design, My Backyard Eden, Gluesticks, Extreme Personal Measures, The Thrifty Home, The Trendy Treehouse, Someday Crafts, All Things Heart and Home, Elements Interiors, My Girlish Whims, DIY by Design, Somewhat Simple, House of Hepworths, Seven Thirty Three, Fireflies and Jellybeans, Beyond the Picket Fence, Black Kat Design, Thrifty 101, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Finding Fabulous, Poppies at Play, The Inspired Room, KoJo Designs, Whipperberry, Inspiring CreationsRomantic Home, The Speckled Dog, At the Picket Fence, Little Brick Ranch, Designer Garden, Simply Sweet Home, Simply Designing, Tatertots & Jello, Funky Junk Interiors, Be Different Act Normal, Saturday Morning Blog, It's a Crafty Life, I Heart Naptime, Under the Table and Dreaming, Creative Jewish Mom, Flamingo Toes, The DIY Showoff, Marvelously Messy, Nifty Thrifty Things, Thrifty Decor Chick, The Cottage Chick, Running with Glitter,

2 comments:

Jaime Lyn at Crafty Scrappy Happy said...

How cute is that!? I just don't think it would be something I could whip up in just 30 min! Or at least my version won't look that great! And I love that your little one doesn't see how cool that is---- how cute and frustrating all at the same time! You are a talented gal!!!
Jaime

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

Too cute!

I'd love for you to link up to our Crafts for Under Twenty Somethings Thursdays! It's a party specifically for all things kids and teens, so your post would be perfect!!


Melanie
http://bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com/2011/08/crafts-for-under-twenty-somethings_24.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails