Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Pretty Peeps

I have been crushing on all the candy and flower arrangements out on the blogaritaville Easter parties.  I have sweet glass containers...I could stand to sacrifice a little sugar to decorating...it was only a matter of time


These don't really reqiure a tutorial - its candy in a pedestal vase.  But I do have a few tips to share, because I like tips and peeps.  Tippin it to the peeps.  Ok, maybe I ate a little to much sugar while putting this together :)

Tip #1 - If you're using a tall thinish vase (like the dollar store vase/candle holder that I am) an empty TP roll stuffed with paper takes up some space so that you don't need quite so many jelly beans


Tip #2 - These take ALOT of jelly beans.  I had 5 bags to make 4 arrangements.  I need to get more to finish the other 3 (and maybe beef up the finished one).  Thank goodness these bags o beans only cost a dollar (I used Brach's pastel jelly beans).


Tip #3 - To keep the peeps pressed to the glass while you're adding a layer of jelly beans, stick a jelly bean between the peep and the tp roll


Tip #4 - Try not to eat your arrangement :)



I participate in the following link parties: Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Skip to My Lou, The Girl Creative, Making the World Cuter, Miss Crafty Pants, Super Stinky Boys, Mad In Crafts, Embellishing Life Everyday, Keeping It Simple, The DIY Home Sweet Home Project, Chocolate Drool & Kisses, Simply Cadence, Polly Wanna Crafter, Sew Can Do, Tip Junkie, My Frugal Family, Coastal Charm, New Nostagalia, Blessed with Grace, The Creative Itch, Funky Polka Dot Giraffe, Home Stories A to ZThe Lettered Cottage, A Bowl Full of Lemons, At Home with K, All Thingz Related, Today's Creative Blog, Not Just a Housewife, Sew Much Ado, Blue Cricket Design, My Backyard Eden, Gluesticks, Extreme Personal Measures, The Thrifty Home, The Trendy Treehouse, Someday Crafts, All Things Heart and Home, Elements Interiors, My Girlish Whims, DIY by Design, Somewhat Simple, House of Hepworths, Seven Thirty Three, Fireflies and Jellybeans, Beyond the Picket Fence, Black Kat Design, Thrifty 101, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Finding Fabulous, Poppies at Play, The Inspired Room, KoJo Designs, Whipperberry, Inspiring CreationsRomantic Home, The Speckled Dog, At the Picket Fence, Little Brick Ranch, Designer Garden, Simply Sweet Home, Simply Designing, Tatertots & Jello, Funky Junk Interiors, Be Different Act Normal, Saturday Morning Blog, It's a Crafty Life, I Heart Naptime, Under the Table and Dreaming, Creative Jewish Mom, Flamingo Toes, The DIY Showoff, Nifty Thrifty Things, Thrifty Decor Chick,

31 comments:

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

That is so cute, and I have the dollar tree vase. But I would eat one, drop one in vase, eat two, drop one in vase, etc. LOl, have a great week.

Debra said...

So cute! I love the toilet paper roll idea.

Dragonfliez Made said...

Very cute! I love the idea of putting empty TP rolls in there.

Wait... we can't eat while making it? What if I have a bag for me only?

Renegades said...

That is adorable.

At The Picket Fence said...

So cute! I think I'm going to do this for my Easter centerpiece, I have those exact Dollar Tree hurricanes down my dining room table right now with lemons in them, so I could just replace with the candy! We'd love you to come link it up to our Sister Saturday Easter Edition party. We also featured your peeps wreath on there. :) Have a wonderful Easter!

Heather

Angie - Big Bears Wife said...

cute tabel decor idea! those would make the perfect centerpiece for an easter lunch!

DIYbyDesign said...

Way too cute. I wish we were hosting Easter because this would make the cutest centerpiece. Thanks for sharing at my Swing into Spring party.

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

That is really, really cute! I just love peeps. I ate some today.

Holiday Snob said...

It's candy, but it's still art :) Love it! Stopping by from the HOH party!

Jane @ Jane's Junk and Treasures said...

Thanks for the tip of the toilet paper roll!!
I was wondering how to make theses!!
THANKS

Tanya said...

Ahhh, so stinking cute!!!

Debbie~ said...

I looove your sweet peeps, their colors are so festive and they always remind me of my childhood! Fabulous arrangement! If you have a minute, visit my blog and see the cupcakes I made a couple of weeks ago with peeps!!! Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

Oh no! They are being buried alive. haha, no, i think it's cute :)

Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday!

Tracy said...

LOVE it! What a fun idea.

Jessica@SewHomegrown said...

That is really sweet - and so simple too. Thanks!

Kelli W said...

I would have to work really hard at remembering tip #4! Peeps are my favorite! These are SUPER cute...I will have to save this idea for next year for sure:)

Jill said...

Such a awesome idea! These look adorable!
new follower and love for you to stop by my blog
http://jelly-bean-dream.blogspot.com/

~Jill @ 'Just Dream, Jelly Bean!'

Anonymous said...

Those are really cute.....though truth be told, I don't know if I could have stopped those jelly beans from going in my mouth! Love the finished look of yours.

Unknown said...

This is such a cute idea. Love the pastel colors.
Thanks for sharing.
Michele

Katie @ OhhBaby said...

so stinking cute! i love the bunnies!

Wendys Hat said...

Adorable! I love it!

Megan Gunyan said...

Oh, yum, I love Peeps! Such a cute idea!

Nicole @ Wohler's World said...

Super cute, I'll be doing this next year for sure! And I greatly appreciate your tips!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

very, very cute! great tips!
thanks for sharing at catch as catch can,
gail

Lindsey said...

So cute! What a great way to use peeps!

Tracy said...

I linked your adorable idea - http://twhitney.blogspot.com/2011/04/peeps.html
Thanks for sharing the tutorial. :)

Marisa said...

Very very cute! Luckily I think peeps taste horrible so displaying them is a much better option since they happen to be adorable!

sunshinequeen said...

What an adorable idea. I have an obsession with apothecary jars and switching htem out for th seasons. I'm sick of eggs and flowers, totally going to borrow next spring! Hopefully my son won't determine they are candy until after the Easter holiday!

(sunshinequeen.wordpres.com)

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Great idea to use the TP roll to use up a little space. Will save us on supplies! What a fun colorful piece to have out for spring!
Thanks so much for linking up to Terrific Under Ten!

Chocolate Drool and Kisses said...

Very cute, thanks for linking up with my monday sharing party.
crystal

Katherines Corner said...

oh these are so cute! I hope your Easter was a happy one. Hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails