Saturday, October 30, 2010

Bubble Bubble Toil and Trouble

Happy Saturday!!  With Halloween being tomorrow, I figured that I'd better get my butt in gear and make a Halloween wreath (actually, that's what I thought last Sunday).  But, I didn't want to get ready and go out to buy supplies.  Sooooo, I looked around my stash o craftiness and found a wreath, a few stems of sad clearance flowers, a bit of black tulle and roll of purple halloween ribbon and a few glittered spiders.  After a few hours, I had this pretty 'weeny wreath:



While hubbers and the little guy played in the backyard, I set up in the driveway spray painting the wreath and (clearance summer) flowers.  (Sorry, I didn't take any pictures of this because I was in get-it-done mode)  I used a whole can of black spray paint, but that might've had something to do with the flowers being white...  Then I got to work with my hot glue gun - gluing the flowers and leaves evenly around the wreath, then going back to add strips of tulle to both the back and front of the wreath:



It needed a little color, so I grabbed a roll of purple Halloween ribbon that I bought from the Dollar Store.  I just cut 3-4 inch lengths of the ribbon, folded it in half and glued the loops in here and there around the flowers.  And since I can't have a Halloween wreath without a little orange, I took a few glittered spiders and hot glued them on.  Here's the finished product hanging on my front door:


Have a Happy Halloween!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails