So I added some 'weeny rag treatment in between each of the candy corn:
Soooo much better :)
As for a tutorial, I don't really have much of one :(
- I free hand cut a rounded triangle out of a file folder then cut it into thirds (for each color).
- Then lots of felt cutting (I used one sheet of each orange, yellow and white) to get fronts and backs for 8 candy corn.
- Using a 8 ft length of ribbon, I pinned all the felt pieces together, sandwiching the ribbon between the front and back of each lil corn.
- Using my sewing machine, I used a zig zag stitch to connect the pieces then straight sewed around the perimiter - you could also zig zag the front and back seperately then join them together (I was just going with the fastest, not neatest method).
- As for the rag part - The pieces cut were approximately 4 inches long and 3/4 inch wide. I didn't want them to be completely uniform, so some pieces are a little longer/shorter/wider/thinner (I cut everything with scissors) The fabrics used were mostly cotton with a sheet of sparkly felt, orange netting and a few spools of halloween ribbon.