Friday, June 17, 2011

Cheesy Mushroom Stuffed Mushrooms

I love mushrooms.  Sauteed, roasted, deep-fried - I love them all.  Hubs does not share in my love.  No sauteed or roasted 'shrooms for him.  He likes them batter dipped and fried and, to my extreme amazement, he likes them stuffed.  But not stuffed with just anything.  He likes these little morsels filled with cream cheese, onions, Parmesan and sauteed mushrooms.  I think it's because they go so well with a nice juicy steak ;) 


Mushroom Stuffed Mushrooms


1 (8 oz) package whole mushrooms (I like baby bellas, but button mushrooms are just as tasty)
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1/2 small onion, minced (about 2 tablespoons or so)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1 - Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2 - Clean mushrooms (I wash them - I am not clearly not a mushroom purist) & carefully remove the stems
3 - Trim the tough end of the removed stem and mince the rest
4 - Saute minced stems, onion and garlic in butter over medium heat until onions are translucent and all moisture from the mushrooms has evaporated
5 - Remove from heat and set aside to cool
6 - Once cooled, mix sauteed mushrooms mixture with cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, black and cayenne peppers (taste and adjust spices to your liking)
7 - Using a spoon (or baggie with a corner clipped) fill the mushroom caps with a generous amount of cream cheese mixture
8 - Bake at 350 degrees on a baking sheet for 20 minutes (or until the cheese is ooey gooey and the 'shrooms are a nice golden color)


The filling can be made a day ahead and refrigerated.  Then just fill the caps & bake.  Mmmm cheesy mushroomliciousness :)


I participate in the following link parties: Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Skip to My Lou, The Girl Creative, Making the World Cuter, Miss Crafty Pants, Super Stinky Boys, Mad In Crafts, Embellishing Life Everyday, Keeping It Simple, The DIY Home Sweet Home Project, Chocolate Drool & Kisses, Simply Cadence, Polly Wanna Crafter, Sew Can Do, Tip Junkie, My Frugal Family, Coastal Charm, New Nostagalia, Blessed with Grace, The Creative Itch, Funky Polka Dot Giraffe, Home Stories A to ZThe Lettered Cottage, A Bowl Full of Lemons, At Home with K, All Thingz Related, Today's Creative Blog, Not Just a Housewife, Sew Much Ado, Blue Cricket Design, My Backyard Eden, Gluesticks, Extreme Personal Measures, The Thrifty Home, The Trendy Treehouse, Someday Crafts, All Things Heart and Home, Elements Interiors, My Girlish Whims, DIY by Design, Somewhat Simple, House of Hepworths, Seven Thirty Three, Fireflies and Jellybeans, Beyond the Picket Fence, Black Kat Design, Thrifty 101, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Finding Fabulous, Poppies at Play, The Inspired Room, KoJo Designs, Whipperberry, Inspiring CreationsRomantic Home, The Speckled Dog, At the Picket Fence, Little Brick Ranch, Designer Garden, Simply Sweet Home, Simply Designing, Tatertots & Jello, Funky Junk Interiors, Be Different Act Normal, Saturday Morning Blog, It's a Crafty Life, I Heart Naptime, Under the Table and Dreaming, Creative Jewish Mom, Flamingo Toes, The DIY Showoff, Marvelously Messy, Nifty Thrifty Things, Thrifty Decor Chick, The Cottage Chick,

10 comments:

Sara said...

These look SO yummy!! Mushrooms are my FAVORITE food. Following you from the Sunday hop!

outjunking said...

I love mushrooms, and these look delicious. I have never tried them with cream cheese, my recipe calls for sour cream. I'll try them soon.
Lisa

BluBabesCreate said...

Looks delish!

Anonymous said...

This looks so good! Would you come over to my link party and share your recipes with us at Cast Party Wednesday? http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com
I hope to see you there!

Lisa said...

These sound so good! I ordered something similar from a restaurant on my birthday and they were amazing!

Michelle Maskaly said...

These sound excellent! I'm looking forward to trying them.

PS- I, too love mushrooms! :)

Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things} said...

Delicious!!
Thank you so much for linking up to {nifty thrifty sunday} last week!!
I hope to see you again tomorrow!
xoxo,
Vanessa

Kirsten @ Mushki Loves said...

Oh...YUM!

jess@balancing the dream said...

Wow!! mushrooms are my FAV!! this looks incredible!! I can't wait to make it!

Jilly said...

Mushrooms are my favorite, My mother make different dishes of it, in winter sessions and winter sessions. She make it dry and save whole year. We eat it dry, and fry also.
petrol rc trucks

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails