Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Smoky Bacon-Jalepeno Burgers

Hubs has a thing for hamburgers.  It's practically the only thing he orders out.  This summer, I'm trying to come up with some new burgers to make them less boring more fun for me to eat a little more often.  Here's one that I pulled together this week (Hubber has given his seal of approval).  It simple, fun and a little spicy.  Like all things in life should be ;)



Smoky Bacon Jalapeno Burgers

1 pound ground meat
1/4 cup smoked chipotle sauce (I used Bronco Bob's Smoked Bacon Chipotle sauce - it's my fav...shout out to my brother for buying us some to try)
1/2 red onion, diced
Montreal Steak Seasoning

4 oz pepper jack cheese (I like to grate it - it adds to the gooey melty awesomeness)
1 slice bacon per sandwich, cooked
Pickled jalapenos, to taste (I diced some and sprinkled them on - we only wanted a hint of heat)
Mayo, to taste
Bread or bun of choice (I used toasted bread because I like the crunchy texture with this burger.  Texas toast would be even better)

1 - Mix ground meat, chipotle sauce and diced red onion. by hand until well blended
2 - Patty into burgers (I made 3 fairly monstrous burgers); Sprinkle the tops of the patties with Montreal Steak Seasoning
3 - Grill the burgers to your liking
4 - To assemble, spread 1 piece of bread/bun with mayo and top with pepper jack cheese, bacon and jalapenos
5 - Add the grilled burger and top piece of bread/bun

The sweet, smokiness of the sauce pairs so nice with jalapenos and bacon.  Mmmmmm bacon :)



I participate in the following link parties: Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Skip to My Lou, The Girl Creative, Making the World Cuter, Miss Crafty Pants, Super Stinky Boys, Mad In Crafts, Embellishing Life Everyday, Keeping It Simple, The DIY Home Sweet Home Project, Chocolate Drool & Kisses, Simply Cadence, Polly Wanna Crafter, Sew Can Do, Tip Junkie, My Frugal Family, Coastal Charm, New Nostagalia, Blessed with Grace, The Creative Itch, Funky Polka Dot Giraffe, Home Stories A to ZThe Lettered Cottage, A Bowl Full of Lemons, At Home with K, All Thingz Related, Today's Creative Blog, Not Just a Housewife, Sew Much Ado, Blue Cricket Design, My Backyard Eden, Gluesticks, Extreme Personal Measures, The Thrifty Home, The Trendy Treehouse, Someday Crafts, All Things Heart and Home, Elements Interiors, My Girlish Whims, DIY by Design, Somewhat Simple, House of Hepworths, Seven Thirty Three, Fireflies and Jellybeans, Beyond the Picket Fence, Black Kat Design, Thrifty 101, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Finding Fabulous, Poppies at Play, The Inspired Room, KoJo Designs, Whipperberry, Inspiring CreationsRomantic Home, The Speckled Dog, At the Picket Fence, Little Brick Ranch, Designer Garden, Simply Sweet Home, Simply Designing, Tatertots & Jello, Funky Junk Interiors, Be Different Act Normal, Saturday Morning Blog, It's a Crafty Life, I Heart Naptime, Under the Table and Dreaming, Creative Jewish Mom, Flamingo Toes, The DIY Showoff, Marvelously Messy, Nifty Thrifty Things, Thrifty Decor Chick, The Cottage Chick,

12 comments:

At The Picket Fence said...

This sounds like the perfect father's day meal! My hubby would love these. Thanks so much for sharing at Inspiration Friday!
Vanessa

Fishtail Cottage said...

okay - yum again! oxox

AsylumTanya said...

These sound delicious! Thanks for sharing. I'm sure my hubby will stamp his seal of approval too! :)

Megan said...

Yeeaaahhh so, I've been indulging in burgers a little too often lately and will now have to continue the trend with this great recipe. My mouth is literally watering just thinking about it. Thanks for sharing :)

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

My husband loves jalapenos. I bet he'd go nuts for these burgers. I'd love for you to come by and show off your recipe at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight today. Have a blessed day :)
Katie

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Those look and sound soooo yummy!

Anonymous said...

These look so good. Would you come over to my party @ Cast Party Wednesday and share some of your tasty recipes with us?
http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com
Thanks,
I hope to see you there!

Mindie Hilton said...

Yum!
Hi, Besides a weekly anything goes link party, I have a new ongoing free give away link party now too. Share your give aways or enter to win.
Hope to see you soon at http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/

Come strut your stuff!

jess@balancing the dream said...

mmmm.....my mouth is watering!!

Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things} said...

Hmm.. This looks so yummy!
Thank you so much for linking up to {nifty thrifty sunday} last week!!
I hope to see you again tomorrow!
xoxo,
Vanessa

Jilly said...

These are really delightful colourful treats and photographs. Dish of mint and chestnut, strawberries and cream, vanilla and salted caramel are my favorite. Your dishes are looks too much delicious.
replica watches

Anonymous said...

My friends and I would refer to this as an absolute manwich! Looks awesome! we have various hangover manwich recipes but this looks set to be a definate winner! replica watches uk

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails