Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Give Us 15 Minutes and We'll Give You A Little V Day Decor

It has come to my realization that I have practically no Valentine's Day decor.  How did this happen?  What on earth have I been doing all these years with just a measly Valentine wreath?!?  And I call myself a crafter.  At any moment the crafting police will descend upon me and strip me of my Crafts-for-Life badge.  Heheheh I totally need to make a Crafts-for-Life badge. 

Ok, back to V day.  This past weekend I whipped up heart wreath for my front door.  And a Valentine rag garland has been started for my mantle.  But I needed some insta gratification.  That's just the kinda girl I am.  Last night in between dinner and bath time I had a few minutes to make this:


In took all of 15 minutes (including paint time) and used only 4 supplies (5 if you count the craft paint).


a tiny Dollar store frame (and some cream craft paint to cover the funky metalic finish)
a heart punched out of pink scrapbook paper
a thin strip of tissue paper (3/4 inch)
aqua foil for the background (candy foil - not pictured)

Fold the tissue loosely accordian-style (you can see the start of my accordian in the pic above).  Hot glue the tissue paper on the back of the heart, using tiny dabs to gather the tissue paper into loose pleats.  Wrinkle up the aqua foil and hot glue onto the frame backer (yep, I'm a rebel like that).  Affix the heart to the foil with another dab of hot glue.  Pop the backer into the frame and voila - a teensy bit of V day decor.  And maybe now I'll get to keep my C4L badge. 

2 comments:

Marie said...

That's so sweet -- what a great idea!

I'm a new follower also :-)

Marie
bonkersinbarnhart.com

Anonymous said...

that is precious and super sweet! I would love for you to come link up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings. www.ladybug-blessings.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails