Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Fabric Stay-Put Board

Another round of Tipsy Tuesday here :)  I recently started making a rag garland that requires upteen strips of fabric and ribbon.  I really lurve the garland but all the piles of fabric and time wasting set up/clean up...not so much.  There had to be a better way to keep all these little pieces organized and easily accessible!  While scanning my cluttered mess crafty nook, I spied the art canvas that I was planning on turning into a felt board for the little poo-man (I know, sometimes I nauseate myself).  At 3'x2' it's certaintly big enough...but how to make all those pieces of fabric kinda stick to it.  Ahhh yes, cover it in a fuzzy fabric - of course!  A few staple-gunning moments later and tada... a lovely palette of fabric.  Now, I can pull it out when I have a few minutes to work on the garland and easily stash it away in a matter of seconds.  And, I can stick a pin through my fabric piles straight into the canvas for even more stability - who doesn't need a little extra stability in their life, lol!


I'm going to have to buy another canvas to serve as a felt board, because I think this one is going to be in service as a fabric holder for many projects ahead (especially when I get started on that quilt project!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails