- You can create as many seperate calendars as you need (I have 15 right now...I know, control issues)
- You can pull in common calendars like US Holidays (there are 38 different holiday calendars), Day of the Year, Phases of the Moon, professional sport team schedules, Sunrise & Suset times, etc (sadly, there is not a Candy of the Day Calendar)
- You could pull in (with permissions) the calendars of friends & family
- Everything is color coded (oh how I love color coding), although there are currently only 21 different colors)
- You can look at any single calendar (or combination of calendars) at a time...you could also look at all calendars at once if you want to feel overwhelmed ;)
- You can sync it with your phone (ok, maybe I do this...fine, I am obsessive)
- You can copy a single event to multiple calendars and set up repeating entries (like linky party reminders, for example)
- As with most all things Google, it's FREE :)
Here's a shot of my calendar for next week with most of my categories selected for viewing. The burgundish-pink is my general calendar that I want to sync with my BlackBerry. It's hard to tell, but there are two shades of purple, one is blog related stuff and the other is cleaning stuff (seriously, if I don't remind myself it really won't get done). The blue calendar and orange calendars are two of the common holiday calendars that I've pulled in. And pink is for birthdays and anniversaries (hmmm, looks like I have some shopping to do)
I'm pretty sure munchkin butt is working on his next week's schedule ;)
Ok, I'm done rambling. Sure, I might have a slight calendar addiction, but man-oh-man it makes my life (and my family's life) so much more organized.
And, I am in no way paid to spread love for Google Calendar, I just really really love it.