Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Quick & Easy...3 Words to a Happy Life

Happy Tuesday!  This is not a tip, per se, but more of a philosphy of mine (yes, I'm quite philosophical, ha!).  Quick and easy is just better.  Yep, that's my claim.  Maybe I am just really late to the quick & easy party, but I've spent alot of time over in the 'slow and crazy-labor-intensive' camp (hello Martha) and it is not much fun.  I'm way more over-scheduled and under-rested than I've ever been, but I'm also way happier and having more fun than I've ever had too.  If something (crafting, cleaning, working out) isn't quick and easy, it's not getting done (sorry walls, I'll wash you down another year).  I just don't have time for total burnout!  Soooo, in the spirit of quick and easy, here's a super quick & easy spring craft (10 minutes!):

I took 1 Dollar Store black frame, mixed in a piece of scrapbook paper and a dash Spanish moss. Garnish with three jelly beans for a crazy-fast piece of home decor:


I removed the glass from the frame and cut the piece of scrapbook paper to size.  Using hot glue, I glued a bit of Spanish moss in a circle to form a nest:



Hot-glue your jelly beans, give your unruly moss a little trim and viola - instant awesomeness:


ps - I saw a BRILLIANT idea from Rebekah over at All Thingz Related yesterday - she made clay eggs (soooo much better than jelly beans!!)  I plan to replace my jelly beans with clay eggs just as soon as I pick up some clay :)

Linking to:

 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/
Photobucket




Creations by Kara
 



Decor Mamma

10 comments:

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Very sweet display for Easter - love it!

Creations By Cindy said...

How precious! Love this! Be blessed. Cindy

Unknown said...

This is just so sweet. Love it!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

What a cute and THRIFTY idea...luv it! Thanks for coming to my party and I hope you had a good time:)

Blessings,
Linda

Jennifer said...

Love this idea...it may become our Grandmother gifts for Easter. Great job!

Leslie said...

I love how it turned out! I have been wanting to make these, but after looking at yours I REALLY want to make them!

Jill said...

Love this! I would love for you to come link up over at my blog! I've got prizes :)
-Jill
http://womenwhodoitall.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love it - love the colors and how simple!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

I can't tell you enough how much i love this! I'm featuring this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. Grab my "featured" button.

Amy Kinser said...

Very nice. You did a great job!

Partying with you tonight.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails